Saturday, June 19, 2010

Michelle Perz plays video games for you part 1.

In the spirit of our workshop brethren, Danielle and Jonathan, I have decided to post a vlog showing a simulation of a surgery from a game called Trauma Team. In the game, there are six different characters which the player can choose: head surgeon, endoscopic surgeon, orthopedic surgeon, first response, diagnostician, and forensics investigator. In this case, I will be playing the head surgeon on the very first level so the controls are basic and my skill level is fairly beginner-ish as well.

While I enjoy this game, I think there is some level of utility in its game play. For one, the anxiety level which is present in these surgeries makes for a realistic pressure-filled situation. If you can't stand the pressure in a video game which allows you the ability to fail, then medical school may not be for you. Games like this can also improve hand-eye coordination, balance, deduction skills, and memory. Therefore, without further ado, I give you part 1 of my video game playing skills. I will be posting a couple more of these in the next week or so.


1 comment:

  1. Here's some equipment and software to record your games to your computer:

    http://www.wiitube.com/view_question.php?post_id=549&post_type=2

    ReplyDelete